Position: Engineering Shift Operations Manager
Job type: Permanent
Skills: MVT390, VOSA, Vehicle Maintenance, Motor Vehicle Technology
Location: Somerset (easily commutable from Bristol, Bath, Taunton, Yeovil and with excellent access from Devon)
Salary: £30,000 (negotiable)
Outsource UK Ltd are actively seeking to recruit an Engineering Shift Operations Manager for a permanent role on behalf of a client.
- The Engineering Shift Operations Manager will manage our operation on a daily basis to achieve effective and efficient operations with excellent standards of service.
- Management of the Heavy Goods Vehicle Workshop function
- Responsible for Fleet and MHE maintenance
- Managing staff performance when necessary e.g. disciplinary matters
- Responsible for the control of Health & Safety, ensuring that all procedures are adhered to
- Build and motivate the team including recruitment, performance management and ongoing team development
- Identify, propose and manage resources for the Operational function to deliver its objectives
- Achievement of the Operational KPI's such as productivity, quality, stock integrity, service and attendance
- Ensure compliance and conformance to all legislative and company policy
- To network within the wider community in order to highlight areas of best practice within the function
- Develop and train Team Managers ensuring all employees are regularly appraised
- Complete all reports as requested by the General Manager, Site Controller and Customer in a professional and timely manner
- C+E Vocational Licence
- MVT390 or equivalent and Full knowledge of VOSA requirements
- Membership of an Industry Professional Organisation, e.g. Society of Operations Engineers (SOE)
- Minimum of 3 years management experience
- City and Guilds in Motor Vehicle Technology or equivalent
- Proven experience working in a workshop environment
- Experience in managing a team
- Vocational management qualifications
- Experience working in a pressurized environment
- Ability to be adaptable to your environment
To hear about other opportunities email Paul Mulcahy on email@example.com or call 0161 6380840
We welcome referrals - do you know anyone we could help?
Outsource UK Ltd is an 'Award Winning' specialist Engineering & IT Recruitment Firm providing a customized consultative service for contract, interim and permanent roles.
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk