Accountant - Defence
Based in Preston a Project Accountant is required on a 6 month contract basis to work for a major defence client.
This is an great opportunity to join a leading edge and exciting programme of work which does offer an excellent working environment.
- Manage the Fixed Asset Register, ensure costs/hours are allocated correctly, forecast spend and depreciation and support the business in new Capital requests. When due, undertake Physical Verification of Assets.
- On a monthly basis review Cost Base performance of the Engineering and Manufacturing Functions. Produce Monthly Finance Review Packs for both functions, providing commentaries of actuals v budget/forecast and providing analysis and analytics to support improvement of Cost Base performance.
- Preparing analysis and paperwork for monthly transactions - accruals, pre-payments, invoices.
- Working with the Engineering and Manufacturing Assistant Accountants to provide robust in year forecasting and preparing the 5 year IBP plan in line with business assumptions.
- Plan and co-ordinate the roll out of the Cost Base Dashboard (planned for March 2021) ensuring all key stakeholders are captured in the plan and trained accordingly. Act as central point of contact for queries and follow on training.
- At least Part Qualified (CIMA, ACCA, ACA), Finance Experience, Finance Systems Experience and have a strong Project Accounting background.
- Previously worked in the Defence and/or Engineering sector.
- Comfortable working with accountants and IT teams.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and highlight issues proactively.
- Excellent work ethic, committed, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- Adhere to Financial Governance policies & procedures.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Excel skills and good Word, PowerPoint and Outlook skills
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything