Accounts Payable Clerk
An Accounts Payable Clerk is required to work on a six-month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Manufacturing client based in Peterlee.
Overview of the Accounts Payable Clerk contract roles
As an Accounts Payable Clerk you will receive invoices/credit notes from both Intercompany and Third Party suppliers for goods and services supplied. Timely input and payment of these is crucial to maintain the smooth running of the business. You will also be required to perform other clerical tasks in accordance with standard accounting procedures and documentation.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Process purchase invoices and credits onto the Accounts Payable Ledger
- Account for the correct treatment of VAT, where applicable
- Carry out supplier statement reconciliations and resolve differences
- Verify details on the invoice match delivery details, quantities and price.
- Deal with invoice queries internally and externally
- Resolve significant issues (eg. final demand letters) promptly
- Liaise with suppliers via telephone and e-mail
- General clerical duties.
Key skills required for the Accounts Payable Clerk
- Previous finance experience
- Excel skills essential (basic formulas, pivot tables, look ups)
- Proactively looks at continuous improvement and seeks out problems and trends
- Ability to build/maintain working relationships
- Accounts Payable experience
If you are an Accounts Payable Clerk looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9196
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything