Acoustic Signatures Engineer - URN and airborne noise (ABN)
Based in Scotstoun, Glasgow an Acoustic Signatures Engineer is required to work for a major defence client on a 6 month contract.
- Working with the Principal Engineer-Signatures to deliver the HCF Signatures modelling & analysis activities.
- Responsible for delivering the modelling, validation and verification Scope of Work and schedule for Underwater Radiated noise & Above water radiated noise
- Specifying the Signatures Analysis and Measurement capability requirements for the Engineering Function to deliver in support of the HCF project
- Co-ordinating own activities, including delivery of assessment and guidance of equipment, systems, ship integration and implementation to control URN and airborne noise.
- Maintaining Signatures predictions in line with the HCF design requirements; assisting with the mitigation of non-compliances and risks; working across project disciplines to achieve resolution.
- Supporting the system design development by the Stage 1 and Stage 2 teams, ensuring compliance with Signature requirements and design rules;
- Supporting system design development;
- Progressive refinement and updating of acoustic models as maturity of suppliers data increases.
Skills and Experience required:
- Technical knowledge of Acoustic Signature modelling
- URN and airborne noise (ABN) generation mechanisms and noise-reduction techniques
- Knowledge of platform design and integration, with particular reference to signature reduction and control techniques.
- Technical knowledge of modelling techniques signatures
- Experience of engineering design processes
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything