Based in London (working from home until further notice) an Appian Developer is required on a contract basis to be responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting a variety of bespoke applications and systems which are used predominantly to provide automation of information and document based business processes.
The role involves all aspects of the development, enhancement, support and maintenance of these applications and associated environment which are based on the Appian BPMS. The role interacts with users from different areas, both internal and external clients, and involves both business knowledge and technical skills to deliver customer focused development services.
Candidates can work through a limited company for this role.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Design, development and maintenance of the Appian-based applications hosted on premise and in the Cloud. Some of these systems are used by external clients.
- Effectively liaise with Business Analysts in order to ensure a smooth transition from business requirements phase to design and development phases.
- For smaller assignments gather functional and technical system requirements
- Perform technical assessments and impact analysis to determine level of effort of the work requested
- Document the detailed design of the technical solutions
- Support the testing unit with the QA activities
- Perform applications deployment
- Resolve all technical issues related to Appian Applications utilising excellent customer service skills, problem solving skills, and technical thinking/reasoning skills
- Escalate and manage issues and recurring problems with 3rd level vendor support team
- Measure and analyse applications issues to determine root causes and develop technical and training solutions to minimise reoccurrences
- Appraise long term service problems and facilitate the definition and implementation of solutions to these problems to provide a continuous improvement to application reliability, performance and quality for users.
- Communication and response to clients to ensure client SLA levels are maintained.
- During unplanned system outages perform incident management activities to act as a coordinating point for users, infrastructure and development technical staff and a knowledge hub for Information Systems and senior management.
Skills and experience required:
- At least five years Appian platform development experience
- Knowledge of Appian SAIL, using records and tempo reports
- Knowledge of processes migration techniques and experience in implementing migration of running in-flight processes
- Knowledge of legacy Appian portal technology
- Experience of Appian systems used by external clients.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical degree
- Over ten years of broad IT experience
- Excellent software development, technical and analytical skills
- Knowledge of BPMN notation
- XML and WebServices
- Oracle and MySQL database development experience
- Familiarity with application servers - Jboss and J2EE systems administration
- Familiarity with web servers - Apache, IIS
- Strong background in Windows and Unix/Linux OS
- Exposure to SOA and ESB development
- Good understanding of change management concepts, project quality and risk management concepts
- Extensive experience throughout the software development lifecycle
- Knowledge and experiences of SDLC methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- Knowledge of Cloud design principles and experience in supporting Cloud-based applications
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to send your CV or call Siobhan O'Halloran on 0161 519 0487 for more information.