Assembly Technician/General Labourer - Freight, Stock, Materials
An Assembly Technician/General Labourer is required to work on a three month contract with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Andover, Hampshire.
Our Client provides validated and compliant surface and airborne bio decontamination with 35% Hydrogen Peroxide Vapour technology
Overview of the Assembly Technician/General Labourer contract role
The main function of a general labourer is to manually move freight, stock, or other materials or perform other unskilled general labour.
- Attach identifying tags to containers, or mark them with identifying information.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs.
- Record numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
- Move freight, stock, and other materials to and from storage and production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, and containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, and other equipment.
- Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
- Assemble product containers and crates, using hand tools and precut lumber.
- Load and unload ship cargo, using winches and other hoisting devices.
- Pack containers and re-pack dam equivalent containers.
- Carry needed tools and supplies from storage or trucks, and return them after use.
Key skills required for the Assembly Technician/General Labourer
- Verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* 5-7 years experience required.
The role is based in Andover, Hampshire
If you are a general labourer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Paul Scott on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9198
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).