Assembly Tool Designer - CATIA V5, PLM, SAP CAM, SFM
Based In Preston an Assembly Tool Designer is required on a 12 month contract basis to work for a major defence client.
This is an great opportunity to join a leading edge and exciting programme of work.
You'll be required to identify and design tooling solutions in support of Major / Minor Unit and Assembly Manufacture.
- Scheming for Major / Minor Unit and Assembly build
- Liaison with Toolroom and suppliers
- Liaison with Shops
- Generation of LLTI requirements / delivery
- Generation of Assembly Tool designs through to Manufacture
- Generation of Tool Design Supporting info (risk assessments / hazard analysis)
- Change control through Tool Design
- Concession support
- Cutter management
- HNC or higher level or recognised apprenticeship and experience of working within a Major Unit / Assembly Tool Design manufacturing area
- Assembly tool design and manufacturing experience in the aerospace (or equivalent standard) industry
- Assembly tool design experience in the aerospace (or equivalent standard) industry
- Computer literate with good knowledge of standard office IT packages
- Engineering Toolset knowledge, CATIA V5, PLM (or equivalent Product Data Manager), SAP CAM (computer Aided Manufacture) or SFM (Shop Floor Manager), CDP and VAS
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at multiple organisational levels.
- Ability to manage unplanned events and work to tight deadlines
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).