Asset Data and Information Management Lead
An Asset Data and Information Management Lead with is required to work on a six month contract with possible extensions for our Defence client based in Portsmouth
This is a contract within the Naval Industry
Overview of the Asset Data and Information Management Lead contract role
- Reporting to the Asset Management Capability Manager, the Asset Data & Information Manager is responsible for the management and control of all asset data types across Base Services organization including structured & unstructured, graphical & non-graphical data, and time series & asset master data.
- The incumbent shall be responsible for executing the Team Portsmouth Asset Data & Information Management Strategy (as a child document to the Team Portsmouth Strategic Asset Management Plan).
- Implementation of the data strategy requires the role incumbent to be responsible for delivering the Base Services asset data management solution. Responsibility for asset data delivery extends to the provision of asset documentation, CAD and drawing services through management of the Asset Data & Information Management team.
Gaining trust of existing asset data owners and document custodians across the Base Services organisation in order to enable migration of all asset data and documentation into the defined storage locations to align with the specified architecture.
- Defining and creating usable field level asset data quality standards / data dictionary for Equipment, Functional Locations, Maintenance Plans, Maintenance Items, Maintenance Task Lists, time series data and asset documentation including classification where relevant.
- Creating and maintaining an "Asset Information and Data Management Framework" to define the asset data standards (what to retain, where to retain, how to retain etc.) and meta-data sets for both WIP and Archive data storage. This will include the creation of guidance material & new process documentation for the management of Asset Information and rolling this guidance out to the Base Services stakeholders.
- The Asset Data & Information Lead will be responsible for controlling the asset data architecture across Base Services in various engineering tools and IT systems.
- The Asset Data & Information Lead will be responsible for creation of a roadmap for plugging data & information gaps against defined architecture needed to meet MI & analytical output for operational benefits
- The Asset Data & Information Lead will be responsible for the proactive management of asset register and documentation quality against defined standards including continuous update of these data sets required as a result of physical asset change.
- The Asset Data & Information Lead will be responsible for introducing and managing the asset data quality audit regime for asset data sets across Base Services.
Key Qualifications and Experience
The incumbent must have a relevant HND or degree (Data Science / Information Management / Engineering).
- The incumbent must hold Incorporated or Chartered status or equivalent with an appropriate institution. (E.g. Incorporated Engineer, Chartered Data Scientist).
- Experience of Data & Information Management including Data Analysis, Data Science, Business Intelligence and Information Management within an engineering, facilities management or construction organisation.
- Broad working knowledge of relevant Data & Information Management standards and best practice methodologies including ISO19650 as a minimum.
The role is based in Portsmouth, Hampshire - commutable from Southampton, Cowes, Isle of Wight, Salisbury, Winchester, Andover, Basingstoke, Guildford, Aldershot, Crawley, Horsham, Brighton, Worthing, Chichester
If you are an Asset Data Lead looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Paul Scott on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk