Asset Data Technician x 2 - Data Manipulation, Asset Management, Surveying
Asset Data Technician x 2 with Data Manipulation, Asset Management or Surveying experience is required to work on a six month contract with the possibility of extension for our Engineering client based in Portsmouth
This is a contract within the Naval Industry
Overview of the Asset Data Technician contract roles
Reporting to the Asset Register Specialist, the Asset Data Technician is responsible for the one-off creation of high quality engineering records for Portsmouth Naval Base infrastructure assets in accordance with the prescribed data quality standards. The data sets produced by the Asset Data Technician will be critical to all engineering and technical teams in the Base Services organisation in support of the safe and effective estate output.
- Process 3D point cloud scan and visual data to extract individual asset details.
- Generating floor plan drawings from 3D data models for space planning purposes.
- Use engineering judgement to select appropriate technical classifications in alignment with ISO19650 and enter asset details in template in accordance with defined quality standard.
- Identifying the requirement for, and creating enhanced register data for assets in accordance with required legislation E.G. lifting, asbestos, refrigerant gas, historic, high voltage assets.
- Capture an estimate of asset safety and operational condition from visual images and video audio commentary and calculate asset failure risk.
- Select and assign maintenance task lists and plans for all assets for engineering authority approval.
- Identifying the requirement for, designing and printing safety and identification labels for assets.
Key skills required for the Asset Data Technician contract role
The individual could have a relevant technical qualification in one of : City & Guilds, Data manipulation or management / Asset management / Engineering (any discipline) / Surveying (any discipline)
The individual must have a relevant technical experience in one of : Data manipulation or management / Asset management / Engineering (any discipline) / Surveying (any discipline)
Experience of SAP preferably with an Asset Management bias would be advantageous
Skills & Behaviours:
The individual must be a confident and competent user of IT applications with above average skills in Microsoft Excel while working with large data sets.
The individual must be comfortable with making decisions on appropriate data to record where there is uncertain or lacking information in the raw data being processed.
The individual must be able to work closely with others to deliver consistency across asset records generated by different individuals.
The role is based in Portsmouth, Hampshire - commutable from Southampton, Cowes, Isle of Wight, Salisbury, Winchester, Andover, Basingstoke, Guildford, Aldershot, Crawley, Horsham, Brighton, Worthing, Chichester
If you are a Data Technician looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Paul Scott on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9198
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk