Assistant Accountant Accounts Receivable/Senior Billing Advisor
An Assistant Accountant Accounts Receivable/Senior Billing Advisor is required to work on a seven month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in South Wales.
Overview of the Assistant Accountant Accounts Receivable/Senior Billing Advisor contract role
This role reports to the Accounts Receivable Invoicing Manager and will have responsibility for managing various stakeholders, leading engagement activities and ensuring proactive delivery of a variety of work streams both individually and as part of the wider AR team. The primary responsibility will be for operational delivery of a high-quality sales invoicing and order book management service.
You will have an excellent understanding of the underlying AR operations, a comprehensive knowledge of process and procedures in this area, and a detailed understanding of the team's strategy and goals. This position will require the role holder to develop and maintain good internal and external relationships with a strong focus on excellent customer service.
Whilst the role is focussed primarily on service activities carried out in Glascoed, you may be required to assist the Accounts Receivable Manager with various other projects and travel to other locations.
Key skills required for the Assistant Accountant Accounts Receivable/Senior Billing Advisor
- Will be Part qualified ACCA/CIMA/CICM or have extensive experience of working in an Accounts Receivable function in varied roles. (5 years minimum across multiple AR elements)
- Good experience of operating multiple accounting ERP's
- Good data analytical skills and an understanding of how to obtain and manipulate various forms of data into interpretable reports/data sets.
- Strong IT skills, particularly in the use of Microsoft packages including creating reports, presentations etc.
- Undertake tasks that are changeable and varying in nature from administrative to project and change leadership.
- Have a firm understanding of accounting including IFRS15, revenue recognition and how this impacts the sales ledger.
- Understand debtor provisions and when these should be applied/utilised/released.
- Understand what documentation is required to process different types of sales e.g
- Goods despatch notes, export paperwork etc.
The role is based in South Wales - commutable from Abergavenny, Ebbw Vale, Merthyr Tydfil, Aberdare, Pontypridd, Newport, Caldicot, Usk, Chepstow, Monmouth, Cwmbran, Blackwood, Pontypool and Abertillery with excellent access from Hereford, Ross-on-Wye, Cheltenham, Gloucester
If you are a Accountant looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Account opportunities please contact Kris Foston on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything