ROLE BASED IN GLASCOED
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a hardworking, dependable and motivated individual to join our clients Financial Accounting team. We currently have a vacancy for an Assistant Financial Accountant at our site in Glascoed, Usk (Within easy reach of Cardiff, Newport and the Valleys). The Financial Accounting team provide a number of back office finance activities to business Units.
The activities undertaken within the team include Payroll Accounting, Fixed Asset Accounting, Leasing Accounting, Month End Reporting, and General Accounting which are carried out using various technologies including robotics.
Improving internal procedures and standardising our accounting processes across multiple accounting systems will be a key part of the role. The role will also be the providing support to other colleagues within the team where required on a variety of tasks, continuous improvement and financial control based activities.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Financial Accountant, the role will support the wider Record to Report team deliver a quality accounting service to the Business units whilst ensuring our strong financial controls are maintained. You will be expected to interact directly with senior BAE finance contacts. The role will also be the providing support to other colleagues within the team where required on a variety of tasks, continuous improvement, governance and customer based activities.
- Prepare Balance Sheet Reconciliations and resolve any reconciling items arising from your
- own and colleagues reconciliations.
- Supporting the ongoing reduction of reconciling item numbers and identifying methods to
- drive down items arising on a recurrent basis.
- Administer Fixed asset transactions including capitalisation, disposals and depreciation
- Process payroll files into the accounting systems and manage employee benefit schemes
- Supporting data input on various accounting systems and the monthly financial close process
- Preparation of monthly journals including the calculation of accruals and prepayments.
- Posting leasing entries into the accounting system and reconciliation of the control accounts
- Calculation of provisions including bad debt
- Monthly and yearly reporting in line with company deadlines.
- Developing good understanding of the various business units including Timetables, Chart of
- Accounts, Service Level Agreements, Accounting Systems, processes, systems and
- Developing strong relationships with your finance contacts, through regular interaction
- ensuring a high level of service is maintained.
- Supporting and leading the team in various compliance, continuous improvement and
- process standardisation activities. Identifying, implementing and driving value added
- activities throughout the organisation.
- Supporting internal and external audit requests and various other compliance activities.
Your skills and qualifications:
- Understanding of Financial Controls and Data Protection regulations
- Strong analytical skills and a vigilant approach to problem solving
- Intermediate level Excel skills
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong organisational skills and a clear communicator
- Vigilant approach to problem solving
- Good working knowledge of SAP, Oracle and Hyperion would be desirable
- Studying towards a professional accountancy qualification would be desirable
What we're looking for in you:
An individual with excellent communication skills who is logical and meticulous with attention to
detail. This individual should also be a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who is able to
prioritise multiple activities and have the ability to work as part of a busy team environment with
experience of delivering to strict deadlines. The desire and ability to learn and develop new skills
and you must be able to embrace change with a 'can do' attitude is essential. In addition you
must be able to demonstrate a level of professionalism when interacting with managers and
other finance staff.