ROLE BASED GLASCOED, WALES
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a hardworking, dependable and motivated individual to join our finance team as an Assistant Financial Accountant.
The Financial Accounting team provide a number of back office finance activities to business units across BAE Systems. The activities undertaken within the team include Payroll Accounting, Fixed Asset Accounting, Leasing Accounting, Month End Reporting, and General Accounting which are carried out using various technologies including robotics. Improving internal procedures and standardising our accounting processes across multiple accounting systems will be a key part of the role.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Financial Accountant, the role will support the wider Record to Report team deliver a quality accounting service whilst ensuring our strong financial controls are maintained. You will be expected to interact directly with senior BAE finance contacts. The role will also be the providing support to other colleagues within the team where required on a variety of tasks, continuous improvement, governance and customer based activities.
- Prepare Balance Sheet Reconciliations and resolve any reconciling items arising from your
own and colleagues reconciliations.
- Supporting the ongoing reduction of reconciling item numbers and identifying methods to drive down items arising on a recurrent basis.
- Supporting data input on various accounting systems and the monthly financial close process
- Preparation of monthly journals including the calculation of accruals and prepayments.
- Administer Fixed asset transactions including capitalisation, disposals and depreciation
- Process payroll files into the accounting systems and manage employee benefit schemes
- Posting leasing entries into the accounting system and reconciliation of the control accounts
- Calculation of provisions including bad debt
- Monthly and yearly reporting in line with company deadlines.
- Developing good understanding of the various business units including Timetables, Chart of Accounts, Service Level Agreements, Accounting Systems, processes, systems and business.
- Developing strong relationships with your finance contacts, through regular interaction
ensuring a high level of service is maintained.
- Supporting and leading the team in various compliance, continuous improvement and process standardisation activities.
- Identifying, implementing and driving value added activities throughout the organisation.
- Supporting internal and external audit requests and various other compliance activities.
Your skills and qualifications:
- A desire to study towards a professional accountancy qualification (ACCA)
- Have an understanding of Financial Controls and Data Protection regulations
- Strong analytical skills and a vigilant approach to problem solving
- Intermediate level Excel skills
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong organisational skills and a clear communicator
- Vigilant approach to problem solving
- Good working knowledge of SAP, Oracle and Hyperion would be desirable
What we're looking for in you:
An individual with a desire to study towards a professional accountancy qualification (ACCA or equivalent) with excellent communication skills who is logical and meticulous with attention to detail. This individual should also be a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who is able to prioritise multiple activities and have the ability to work as part of a busy team environment with experience of delivering to strict deadlines. The desire and ability to learn and develop new skills and you must be able to embrace change with a 'can do' attitude is essential. In addition you must be able to demonstrate a level of professionalism when interacting with managers and other finance staff.
Please feel free to get in touch with Jack Parratt if you are interested in this role - 0161 694 9210 / JParratt@outsource-uk.co.uk