Assistant Project Manager - Planning, Reporting, Costs, Schedules, EVM, Risk
An Assistant Project Manager with is required to work on a nine month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Surrey.
This is a contract within the Naval Defence Industry
Overview of the Assistant Project Manager contract role
To support the Project Manager in their day to day management of the project taking a lead in project management principles and processes, which will include planning, project reporting, performance data analysis for cost and schedule.
Key Outputs and Deliverables:
- Support the production of reports on a monthly basis for input into project reporting packs.
- Schedule and cost monthly updates including analysis and forecasts.
- Update resource planning tool iaw schedule requirements
- Conduct process confirmations where appropriate.
- Support the project lead with effective communication across the project.
- Build and maintain effective liaison with all functional groups involved in project delivery.
- Identify more efficient and effective ways of working across the projects.
- Identify best practice and align local processes and procedures as applicable.
Major Tasks and Activities:
- Provide general programme management assistance and support to the Control Account Managers (CAM) and other discipline line managers.
- Prepare project management information in support of the Project / Engineering Manager as required.
- Support monthly reporting requirements in accordance with the project reporting lifecycle.
- Lead the schedule management including monthly updates.
- Lead BCR process for changes to schedule and cost.
- Assist in the development and management of the support schedule, cost, risk and opportunity baseline.
- Support all reviews and audits including phase reviews and design reviews.
Key Technical Skills:
- A good knowledge of project management techniques including; resource planning and management, cost capture, analysis and forecasting, schedule planning and tracking, Earned Value Management(EVM), risk and opportunity management and change management.
- Able to pursue best practice and align local processes and procedures as applicable.
- An understanding of Life Cycle Management.
- Excellent IT skills particularly Microsoft office suite.
Company / Industry Knowledge:
- Understanding of project management and project control processes ideally within an engineering environment.
- Previous experience of working in a project management environment
PMQ or recognised Project Management qualification.
Mobility - Occasional travel to other Combat Systems sites
The role is based in Surrey - commutable from Aldershot, Farnborough, Wokingham, Bracknell, Chertsey, Weybridge, Woking, Guildford, Farnham, Winchester, Basingstoke and Reading with excellent access from Hampshire and Berkshire
If you are a Assistant Project Manager looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything