Associate Software Developer
3-year fixed term contract
£48400 basic (TAX FREE)
Purpose of Job
The Associate, Software Developer is responsible for design and implementation, support and maintenance of the Bank's applications and analytic tools, supporting Banking, Treasury, Risk, Finance, Corporate and other teams in the execution of their business processes.
The role includes leading all aspects of the enhancement, maintenance and support of multiple business applications and associated initiatives which are based on enterprise development platforms and related frameworks, often involving collaboration with internal application owners and other members of staff to deliver changes using Agile principles, supporting complex and dynamic business requirements. The role involves applying both business and technical expertise to deliver customer focused support and development services, potentially in a DevOps pipeline with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD), but also facilitating manual deployment for legacy applications where necessary.
Qualifications & Skills / Experience & Knowledge
2.6 Banking & Analytics, Monarch Ecosystem Lead Developer
- Extensive experience of working at agile at scale and expert in the application of modern development methodologies e.g. BDD, TDD, in support of agile practices and ways of working
- Embraces the DevOps culture with extensive experience of delivering, supporting and extending CI/CD environments and associated tooling, e.g. Jenkins, Maven, Gradle.
- Lead developer, ensuring that your team meets agreed software engineering standards and quality metrics under direction of lead engineer
- In-depth knowledge and broad experience in Java coding and of developing micro services and integration using APIs, working with Spring Boot, Elastic (ELK Stack), RESTful web services, messaging services e.g. Enterprise Service Bus, MongoDB, Camunda BPMS engine.
- Highly collaborative, working with company IT architects to ensure we build it 'right', and make the 'right' choices in line with IT strategic direction and established technology decisions.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website.
Outsource - taking care of everything