Automation Engineer - Engine System Development
Based in Peterborough an Automation Engineer is required on a 12 month contract basis to work for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel engines
This is an great opportunity to join a leading edge and exciting programme of work which does offer an excellent working environment.
- You will be responsible for the implementation of new requirements, features, improvements and bug fixes, developing standard implementation of the FEV Morphee Automation & DAS suite, to provide a robust, maintainable and cutting-edge platform that works for all our customer's needs.
- You will work closely within a global team of automation developers to implement changes in the platform.
- You will also create and maintain an organisational climate and culture which encourages innovation, collaboration, excitement, commitment and a sense of urgency towards business success.
- Bachelor's (or equivalent) in an accredited Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical engineering degree
- Demonstrated relevant experience in engine/power system development/testing or test scripting/automation development in a lab environment or similar
- Basic coding ability and/or willingness to develop in this space.
- Electronic / digital system integration experience
- Experience in applying automation to test facilities/labs
- Experience with test software such as FEV Morphee, AVL Puma, Vector CANape/CANalyzer, dSpace control-desk/automation-desk, ETAS Inca, DSG DaTAQ Pro, NI Labview/Veristand
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- True passion for automation and methodical engineering practices
- Prior experience with one or more programming languages such as C#, Python etc.
Please note you'll be required to work via Umbrella or PAYE.
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything