Outsource UK are currently working with a Finance company who are seeking a AWS Data Engineer for a 3-6 month contract position based in Buckinghamshire.
Candidates will required to work through Umbrella or PAYE.
Responsibilities for AWS Data Engineer:
- Required to be part of the Data Engineering function for the bank.
- AWS Cloud Big data services experience like (AWS MSK, S3, AWS GLUE, AWS EMR, AWS Data Lake formation. AWS EKS& Lambda)
- Performing the following functions as part of the Data Engineering team:
- Software development with python with AWS boto3, aws S3, aws glue , EMR and develop Scala program for data ingestion and data processing,
- Create data pipelines to process AWS big data sets sitting in the aws S3 , HDFS.
- Be able to help with the mapping and analysis of customer and financial data.
- Working in an agile way integrated with the Cloud Data Engineering project like developing AWS Data lake, developing AWS Glue ETL jobs, data quality automation developing AWS EMR data processing services.
- Developing an end-end event-driven serverless data pipeline.
- Adaptable and resilient. Must be able to work without close supervision. Driven and committed.
- Given current circumstances we're not able to on-board colleagues in the office and provide laptops, so suitable candidates will need to be able to work from their own home for now.
- Proficient in Python programming, and ideally with experience implementing Python data processing applications
- Strong Software engineering skills
- Experience using programs Python Scala and Java
- Agile background
- Desirable to have Amazon Redshift, Datalake, Lake Formation, Lamada, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Hive Hbase, Kafka
- Worked with CI/CD (Jenkins, Nexus, etc.)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
If you would like to be considered for this position please click 'Apply' and Outsource UK will be in touch.