Battery Performance/Validation Engineer
A Battery Performance/Validation Engineer with Power Performance and Testing experience is required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Engineering client based in Peterborough.
Overview of the Battery Performance/Validation contract role
With a growing focus for Electric Vehicles (EV) applications, our client is developing its own Batteries that will be used in almost all power ranges. Their newly established Battery Development Team is responsible for Performance and Validation/Verification plans that deliver high quality, data driven development plans for Battery Module, Pack and Power System testing. This team will apply deep technical knowledge to data analysis, review and sign off and converting data into decisions. This is a highly visible team that works directly with all areas of engineering and will, at times, report directly into product groups.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
As a Battery Performance/Validation engineer, you will report to our Platform Development Manager. You will have responsibility for conducting testing, development and sign off for the Battery programmes under the direct responsibility of the Global Engine Development (GED) team.
You will work closely with the Product System Integration (PSI) engineering teams to define and deliver robust methods to achieve the Product and Technical Objectives (PO's/TO's) within the Battery Module, Pack and power system range. You will also work closely with the external test houses to ensure quality data is delivered to plan.
You will be accountable for process excellence, maintaining engineering best practices and documentation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Conduct and/or direct Battery Module, Pack and power system performance and validation tests
- Conduct and/or direct tests (including Design of Experiments), checking data quality, test result integrity and repeatability.
- Data analysis across multiple Conformance, Performance and Validation test protocols
- Write requirements, procedures, and reports and formally present on test outcomes.
- Collaborate with global team (GED-NA) to drive global alignment and best practices
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering curriculum
- Battery test/development experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills (coaching, communication, teamwork)
- Excellent problem solver
- Self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Self-confidence and a 'passion for the product' are personal qualities needed to succeed in this high-pressure environment.
- Experience in Battery module, pack, system level performance
- Experienced in the use of testbed software, calibration tools, and test data logging systems.
- Hands on engine testing, Battery testing and problem-solving experience
- Previous leadership experience (direct or in-direct)
- Project Management methods and processes
- Experience with Development through New Product Introduction (NPI) Process
The role is based in Peterborough
If you are a Battery experienced engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Paul Scott on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything