Outsource UK are currently seeking a Big Data Engineer for a position based in Buckinghamshire for a leading Bank organisation.
- Expericed Engineer required who has worked with experience in big data implementations in Hadoop (ideally Cloudera) with Spark and experience in NoSQL databases to take part in product teams as technical leads or lead engineers.
- Help define requirements, with a view of feasibility of the technical solution
- Help define the technical solution and the technical architecture
- Design the software in an iterative fashion, refactoring when requirements and solution change.
- Software development, ideally following test driven development; and implementation.
- Usually a product team of 8 to 12 members with some business members and some technical members, typically 3 engineers and a technical lead, plus 2 testers and 2 business analysts.
Skills & Experience
- Strong skills in Strong development skills using Scala and Spark
- Familiar with Hive, Impala, Jenkins and JIRA
- Worked on big data implementations
- Experience in NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of streaming techniques, amazon cloud, azure cloud etc is a plus
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
If you would like to be considered for this position please click 'Apply' or email your CV to Tewsdae Phillips - email@example.com