Outsource UK are currently working with a Finance company who are seeking a Big Data Engineer for a 12 month position based in Buckinghamshire.
This role is inside IR35 and will be working from home for the beginning of the position.
Responsibilities for the Big Data Engineer:
- The position is for a Senior Software Engineer in the fields of Big Data and Amazon Web Services. It is to work as part of the Data Anonymisation Service team, within the Cloud Data Engineer department.
- Design, development, test & delivery of project tasks to meet the company's needs
- Design solutions aligned to project objectives, enterprise goals, internal controls & governance
- Ensure high-quality AWS & Big Data service is provided
- Undertake maintenance -Ensure solutions are in place within SLAs/milestones to minimise operational & cost impact
- Testing fully rolled out to maximise benefit
- Advise & make recommendations to your manager or customers at the earliest possible time to influence the optimal outcome
- Work with CDO/Platforms/Ops/etc to make sure we deliver the best service
Skills & Experience
- Essential knowledge/experience using Java, Spark, Scala, Kafka and hive.
- Good Knowledge of AWS, AWS Ecosystem, Big Data and Hadoop Ecosystem
- Strong JAVA, Scala, Python or similar programming languages and SQL skills
- Knowledge of Relational & non-relational Databases and Data model design and development experience
- UNIX through Command Line -flexibility to work in end2end solutions through the whole life-cycle of a project
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
If you would like to be considered for this position please click 'Apply' and Outsource UK will be in touch.