Principal Engineer - BISS - Design Certification
A Boats In Service Support with Design Certification experience is required to work on a twelve month contract with the possibility of extension our Defence client based in Portsmouth
This is a contract within the Naval Defence Sector
Overview of the Boats in Service support contract role
The BISS Principle Engineer is a key role in the Boats engineering function. The role will support the BGEM and Project Manager in the engineering components of the Boats In Service Support (BISS) contract.
The role consists of elements:
- Act as a Design Authority for vessels within the BISS contract, including:
- Peer Review of engineering work.
- Approval of engineering work.
- Application of Governance process with agreement of BGEM and in accordance with Engineering Management Plan, inc. Design Certification.
- Application of Product Safety Practices.
As BISS Principle Engineer, the appointee will have responsibility for satisfying the technical requirements (contractual and business) of the systems, for the fitness for purpose of the system design, for its correct implementation and or ensuring that the system design and implementation meets all statutory, regulatory and corporate governance rules.
- The technical guidance for BISS Engineering Output
- Review and approval of Post Design Services (PDS) tasking.
- PDS growth and customer engagement activities (including customer meetings and proposing new work).
- Peer Review and approval of engineering work.
- Lead engineering projects from requirements definition through to delivery.
- Engage in drafting, vetting and editing technical reports or other documents relevant to, or required by, a particular task in order to ensure that technical findings can be successfully communicated with recipients
- Maintain accurate records of all design related work in accordance with relevant extant procedures to ensure a complete design record of work undertaken
- Participate in the preparation and submission of technical proposals and Statements of Work as required to support the PDS tasking.
The role is based in Portsmouth, Hampshire - commutable from Southampton, Cowes, Isle of Wight, Salisbury, Winchester, Andover, Basingstoke, Guildford, Aldershot, Crawley, Horsham, Brighton, Worthing, Chichester
If you are looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Paul Scott on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9198
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk