Business Analyst - Regulatory Trade & Transaction Reporting
Based in London a Business Analyst is required on a contract basis to support the development and maintenance of the business architecture artefacts and documentation of the associated operating model, and changes to the customer journeys and colleague processes.
Candidates need to work through an umbrella company for this role.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Support Product Owner to understand business problems, critically evaluating of business ideas from a customer and a commercial point of view. Identify underlying business needs to be addressed, challenge existing practices and ensure requirements will address the defined business problem.
- Supports the Product Owner to validate requirements and proposed solutions with stakeholders and gain approval.
- Supports the Value Stream Architect to ensure requirements and proposed solutions are aligned with strategy and the Target Operating Model.
- Support options and resolution of key Business Architecture Decisions and taking them through Group Design governance (GDA). Facilitate managing the product backlog - Work with the Product Owners, Delivery Leads, and the delivery team to ensure consistent understanding of the proposed solution and assist with elaboration, sprint planning activities etc.
- Active contribution in defining and updating the operating model and associated operating model and process documentation.
- Provide domain knowledge and analysis capability, typically to identify additional business opportunities.
- Support the Product Owner to translate these business needs into project objectives, features and requirements. Challenge business stakeholders to drive out the real business outcomes that are required to realise the customer and business propositions; not simply recording requirements.
Skills and experience required:
- Must have a strong background in Regulatory Trade & Transaction Reporting change management, including Markets in Financial Instrument Directive (MiFID II) Post Trade Transparency and Transaction Reporting, European Markets Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR), or Dodd Frank
- Knowledge of technical infrastructure flows and mechanisms used to connect to Approved Reporting Mechanisms (ARM) and Authorised Publication Arrangements (APA), e.g. FIX messaging, or Trade Repositories
- Can read and understand the complexities of regulatory text and assess the impact to the business and Trade & Transaction reporting outcomes
- Experience of working within dynamic and flexible teams with a focus on achieving successful deadline driven goals in an accurate and timely manner
- Solid understanding of trade lifecycle event flows across Credit, Rates, Fixed Income and FX products, and how these impact Regulatory Trade & Transaction reporting
- Excellent knowledge and experience of identifying and mapping data points to ensure accurate and compliant Trade & Transaction reporting outcomes
- Experience handling large data sets efficiently using standard tooling, e.g. excel or SQL
- Proven experience of building and maintaining networks with a diverse group of stakeholders to influence and support the delivery of projects and champion the business analysis function
- Experience of working within and attending Industry Trade & Transaction Reporting Working Groups to arrive at consensus decisions and reporting outcomes
- Solid understanding of business analysis and business architecture methodologies and techniques and their practical application, particularly analytical thinking and problem solving
- Exposure to skills from multiple disciplines such as Operating Model, Process Design, Digital and Technology
- Exposure to systems thinking, business architecture and agile change delivery which can be used to influence and drive consistent ways of working
- Subject matter expertise (business and domain), ability to understand and influence the Lab strategy as well as the business objectives
- Good understanding of banking operating model and process frameworks, along with techniques to analyse and improve them (e.g. Lean)
- Modelling - develop, define & document 'As Is' & 'To Be' process models and data definitions
- Familiarity with tools and techniques for increased automated testing and the construction of supporting Acceptance Criteria
If you would like to be considered for this role please click apply asap and Outsource will be in touch.