Buyer - Aerospace
A Buyer is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Lancashire.
Overview of the Buyer contract role
The Buyer role will be the interface to support requirements for a new Air Sector Programme including; liaising with suppliers to agree T&Cs, following Export Control procedures, supplier on-boarding & raising purchase orders.
Key skills required for the Buyer
- Issue of tenders using e-RFX systems & assist suppliers with using the systems
- Undertaking supplier due diligence & obtaining relevant information for on-boarding new suppliers
- Manage purchase orders and address associated queries
- Actively identify and deliver savings in support of the Indirect Procurement Services
- Being the team representative for monthly governance meetings to provide updates and assign actions from these meeting to the wider team
- Manage supplier annual certifications
- Help develop and maintain a supplier database in support of the team category strategy
- Support the wider team with major project delivery to gain experience and exposure within the organisation
The role is based in Lancashire - commutable from Preston, Blackpool, Chorley, Leyland, Blackburn, Darwen, Burnley, Skipton, Stockport, Manchester, Warrington, Wigan, Bolton, Bury, Rochdale and Oldham with excellent access from Liverpool, Lancaster and Leeds
If you are a Buyer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Defence opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9194
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything