Buyer - Clevedon - £17p/h PAYE or £22 p/h Umbrella
Outsource UK's global engineering client are currently on the lookout for x2 Buyers who will responsible for developing strong and robust supply chains supporting the operation, ensuring close working relationships with all internal customers. Providing a collaborative environment to drive the business is essential to continued growth.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who will meet important Procurement milestones, can hit the ground running and work as a self-starter who embraces a teamworking mindset in an established organisation.
The successful candidate will be:
- Creating and implementing a supply chain strategy across an allocated commodity which supports the business needs on cost, quality, on-time delivery and new product introduction.
- Actively manage supplier portfolio, supporting the requirements of the Clevedon facility on lead time reduction, mitigating risk to seeking ways to continuously improve.
- Manage allocated NPI and A&D projects to meet customer specification.
- Achieve cost reduction targets.
- Identify outsourcing opportunities where there is cost / efficiency savings compared to in-house manufacture.
- 2-3 years of technical experience gained within an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- A good understanding of how to optimise the supply base adding strength, responsiveness and flexibility to core suppliers.
- Extensive experience in a Procurement function supporting a busy manufacturing environment.
- Experience of evaluating outsourcing projects and value engineering / value added projects.
- A good level of computer literate skills.
- The skill to manage time as effectively as possible, constantly reassessing priorities throughout the day.
For further information- please contact Liam Fahey on 0161 694 9207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.