Outsource UK are currently seeking a C# .Net Developer for a 12 month contract for a Finance Company based in London (but this will be working from home)
This role is based inside IR35.
Opportunity for a C# developer to join Markets Value Stream, Sales and Trading Lab in the Trade Flow Simplification. This particular role will be supporting the on-going development of our in-house rates pricing application used by sales and trading for voice business.
The candidate will demonstrate adherence to quality standards/principles, usability design standards, and good engineering practice and be responsible for helping define and build front to back solutions. As part of the Engineering team, you will need to pick up new technologies and innovative ways to solve problems. In order to be successful, strong collaboration and communication skills are necessary and you must be comfortable operating in an agile, dynamic environment.
Candidates should have:
- Deep and broad understanding of c#.
- Significant exposure to API design, service development (WCF services, RESTful services), enterprise integration patterns and messaging technologies (JMS, MQ, or similar).
- Strong understanding of configuration management tools in addition to automation and build frameworks (e.g. TeamCity).
- Significant experience with agile development practices, continuous integration and test automation (TDD, BDD).
- Experience across the entire software development life-cycle from inception, through build to production - has lived with the impact of software and system design decisions on manageability, supportability, and troubleshooting.
Skills and Qualifications
- Development skills: c#, WPF, WCF, TDD, BDD
- Full Development Life Cycle experience
- Thorough understanding of Object Orientated programming and computing fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of Design Patterns, Concurrent programming, Data Structures, Stored Procedures, Performance Tuning, Optimization
- Ability to deliver all aspects of a project from start to finish - Writing modular, well tested code which remain easy to maintain as the codebase and business continues to scale.
- Setting the strategic direction for how components and services are developed within the team.
- Ensure that software is built in a way which is consistent with - and exploits where possible - the collective frameworks, patterns and practices that exist across the wider Engineering community.
- Understand and apply industry best practices, foster knowledge sharing to provide solutions for complex business problems where no precedent may exist, and ensure implementation of solutions where
- Experience with working Capital Markets Front Office technology is preferred, in particular with knowledge of interest rate swaps, bonds and futures
If you would like to be considered for this position please click 'Apply' and Outsource UK will be in touch.