ROLE BASED IN GLASCOED
Would you like a highly varied role working closely with our Business Partners for an exciting new project? We currently have a vacancy for an Cash and Liquidity Accountant at our site in Glascoed.
Business Operational Services is a business unit within BAE Systems Shared Services. It operates over 2 locations within the UK, providing services and finance solutions to BAE businesses both in the UK and internationally.
The role of Cash and Liquidity Accountant primarily covers responsibilities such as reviewing the businesses funding requirements to enable payments to be made and allow for the investment of any cash surpluses, review and presentation of forecasting and actualisation processes in line with Group Treasury requirements, the role will also be the providing daily support to the Cash and Liquidity Manager where required on a variety of tasks.
In addition to the above, governance is paramount to this role and adherence to the Operation Framework, FPM and all relevant accounting standards is essential and underpins all finance services operations.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Cash and Liquidity Team to provide a first class service to all customers. As such they may be required to assist with the delivery of a range of cash and liquidity activities. Tasks undertaken will vary from time to time to ensure the whole team experiences a broader range of activities and ERPs, at the same time ensuring that there is adequate cross-training within the team to deliver an excellent service provision and business continuity.
Your main responsibilities as a Cash & Liquidity Accountant will involve:
- Preparation, review and challenge of weekly Forecasts including assumptions and explanation of forecast movements
- Preparation and review of Cash actualisation
- Daily cash reconciliations & BACS reports - exception handling
- Provide cover for bank postings and payment runs
- Supporting ERP solutions working cross function and cross business to implement IT and process solutions
- Engaging with our Business Partners to support with the implementation and delivery of joint goals initiatives
- Supporting initiatives to drive end to end process efficiency, that drive improved business outcomes and financial value
- Act as the subject matter expert for specialist and potentially complex technical areas, particularly in respect of Treasury related items, including Reconnect mapping & configuration, PCM, Systems management and SWIFT payments
- Provide support KPI and management reporting preparation
- Support continuous improvement (RPA)
- Taking an active role in daily stand-ups and monthly team meetings including briefing the C&L Team on any ongoing changes.
- Compliance with Financial Controls. Support team leads with resolution of any non- compliances and control improvement opportunities.
- Lead the provision of support & evidence, as required, for internal & external audits.
- Production of process documentation for any new processes and ensuring sufficient training is delivered to embed these into existing operations.
- Compliance with the Document Creation, Retention & Destruction Policy.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate would be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Studying towards a professional Finance qualification (CIMA, ACA or ACCA etc.) and/or have proven work experience working within a Finance role
- The Ability to communicate effectively with internal/external stakeholders as you need to demonstrate the ability to challenge and influence members of the team especially non-finance staff
- Able to work Autonomously in order to meet strict deadlines
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office such as Excel, Word etc. within a professional capacity
- Strong organisational and project management skills and able to work under pressure.
- Flexibility to adapt to business priorities and excellent team working skills including occasional leadership of project teams.
- Experience of using systems such as SAP, PCM and Reconnect etc.
What we're looking for in you:
- Ability to reprioritise to meet key deadlines
- Strive to deliver excellent customer service individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to challenge and influence
- Proactive and Self-motivated
- Willingness to Travel if required