Commercial Officer - Quotations, Proposals, Bids
A Commercial Officer with Quotations, Proposals, Bids experience is required to work on a six month contract (WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION) for our Defence client based in Portsmouth
This is a contract within the Naval Industry
You will work as a member of the Engineering Services team to provide Commercial services and support to meet the operational needs of line management within a defined business unit or functional area. Reporting to the Engineering Services Senior Commercial Manager, the delivery of this service will typically be as a member of a Commercial team.
The role requires a good and broad professional knowledge and understanding of Commercial principles, techniques and practices, including an understanding of the impact and implications of decisions made.
The Senior Commercial Officer, as a member of the Commercial team and community within a business / function, will deploy corporate Commercial processes in line with local or business requirements.
Overview of the Commercial Officer contract role
- Management and administration of bids and contracts into the UK Ministry of Defence and internal customers
- Supporting the Senior Commercial Manager by taking responsibility for the preparation of quotations and proposals
- Developing and managing the commercial relationship with the customer on all support aspects of the T26 project (Note: Customers and partners are internal and external)
- Active participation in the Business Winning Capture Team, including contributing to the development of commercial proposals for potential business, including Contract Changes and the commercial review of the full suite of proposal documents
- Support to Supply Chain in the preparation of sub-contract terms and conditions as required
- Negotiation of proposals with potential customers and ensuring that this results in acceptable business agreements and contracts
- Generation of suitable NDA and teaming agreements in accordance with policy
- Working with the internal legal team and external legal advisors as required to ensure all contracts have the necessary legal input/governance
Key skills required for the Commercial Officer
- Qualified to Degree standard or equivalent
- Has practical and relevant comprehensive work experience
- Good and broad professional knowledge of Commercial principles, techniques and practices and understands how Commercial roles fit in the organisation as a whole
- Works on own initiative with responsibility for delivery
- Works as part of Commercial team
- Works with limited supervision, helps define own objectives
- Has developed a general Commercial knowledge
The role is based in Portsmouth, Hampshire - commutable from Southampton, Cowes, Isle of Wight, Salisbury, Winchester, Andover, Basingstoke, Guildford, Aldershot, Crawley, Horsham, Brighton, Worthing, Chichester
Working from home during Covid.
If you are a Commercial professional looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Paul Scott on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).