A Configuration Engineer is required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Southampton.
Overview of the Config contract role
The role includes reviewing customer CM & PDM requirements; identifying applicable Technical, Physical and Procedural controls and defining associated requirements; authoring Configuration Management plans; conducting, documenting and managing configuration control boards where required and helping to develop and manage robust product design and build standard control.
Key skills required for the Config
- Highly skilled in the knowledge of CM Management & Planning activities.
- Fully versed with the requirements of international CM & experienced in the development of such through interaction with customers, partners & suppliers
- Configuration Identification: Highly knowledgeable in configuration identification arena. Able to establish & apply configuration identification activities. Capable of generating & communicating the project requirements in line with the project need
- Configuration Change Management: Highly knowledgeable in configuration change management.
- Able to represent CM and run a CCB to confirm the business impact of proposed changes, & at international CCB to present company decisions.
- Capable of managing conflicts in business change decisions
- Configuration Status Accounting: Knowledgeable in managing the CSA activities & understanding the importance and need for verifying requests for CSA reports.
- Capable of defining & managing partner & subcontractor CSA information, analysing the information & supporting the production of metrics & KPI requirements
- Configuration Verification & Audit
- Not afraid to challenge IPTs& Senior Management on CM& PDM related issues
The role is based in Southampton Hampshire - commutable from Portsmouth, Cowes, Isle of Wight, Salisbury, Winchester, Andover, Basingstoke, Guildford, Aldershot, Crawley, Horsham, Brighton, Worthing, Chichester>
If you are a Config Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Config opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything