Based in Portsmouth a Configuration Engineer is required to work for a major defence client on a 3 month contract.
- Lead engineer for the maintenance and update of the Configuration Management Matrix (CMM)
- SME for Windchill Administration and User Permissions including day to day use and application of the Windchill Document Management system and facilitator of Windchill advisory clinics
- Expert in the use and application of Microsoft Office suite to include running reports, data manipulation and analyse.
- Transition Management of existing WTA CM processes to CSM compliant methods.
- Mentors junior team members to assist with their understanding of the CM Teams deliverables and cross train them in their responsibilities
- Leads Best Practice forums and challenges the existing processes and procedures to drive efficiencies and cost savings within Configuration Management.
Skills and Experience required:
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience in the operation of Configuration Management systems
- Expert in Change Management with experience and knowledge of Royal Navy/MoD process and practice relating to Change Management
- Expert in the use of Windchill and an SME in the functionality and tailor-ability of processes
- Good understanding of Configuration Management standards, principles and processes and their application to Naval vessels
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software.
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything