Principal Engineer-Integrated Systems
A number of high level Systems Engineers are required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Surrey.
This is a 12-month contract with a leading UK defence business.
Your main responsibilities as a Principal Engineer - Integrated Systems
- Responsible for looking at systems engineering across a number of complex software based systems
- Responsible for considering how each system interacts with others and to ensure they satisfy the customer requirements
- Working with stakeholders from across the organisation to identify the Integrated Systems architecture and Functional Scope
- Overseeing the low-level functional analysis for "at risk" Integrated Systems functions
- Development of the Integrated Systems Governance structure, & associated processes
- Deriving and maintaining integration requirements and ensuring they are traced to whole-boat functional and safety requirements.
- Ensuring Systems Engineering outputs are managed under appropriate configuration control and developed to the required maturity.
Key skills required for the Principal Systems Engineer
Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience) in relevant STEM subject (Engineering/ Physics/ Maths/ Science).
Knowledge of the system engineering lifecycle and be able to apply good systems engineering practices to your work
Understanding of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations
Use of system analysis and design tools such as Enterprise Architect.
Experience of working in a customer-facing and/or supplier engagement role.
Member of appropriate professional institution; Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership.
If you are a Systems Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Systems opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.