Contingent Category Procurement Lead
Based in Preston a Contingent Category Procurement Lead is required on a 6 month contract basis to work for a Defence client.
- Ensure requirements are delivered in a timescale agreed with stakeholders.
- Conduct ongoing and regular liaison with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment in the delivery of service .
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure experience, lessons learnt, synergy opportunities etc. are captured.
- Ensure clear lines of communication with external suppliers.
- Seek out opportunities for continuous improvement and demonstrate very good business acumen when negotiating with external suppliers.
- Use data analytics to assess supplier data in order to structure and improve supplier performance and where applicable value for money.
- Actively contribute to service level improvement initiatives and proactively support the improvement in service provision
- Manage contracts throughout their life, in conjunction with the business, to successfully deliver goods and services.
- Proactively manage suppliers and develop a strong performance culture.
- Proactively manage instances of under-performance - internal and external to the Company.
- Engage with senior management when appropriate in order to report, obtain authorisation, highlight and escalate issues.
- Preferably possess a minimum of 5 years' experience of working in a Procurement environment
- Ideally worked in the defence/engineering industry.
- Preferably used Coupa and Workspace or a similar software/system.
- MCIPS qualification and/or educated to degree or equivalent standard.
- Possess a high standard of Procurement competence in key areas of Sourcing process knowledge, Contracting Skills, Financial Awareness, and Supplier Management.
- Excellent communication skills and able to liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Very good leadership skills.
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything