Reporting to the Depot Manager, the Contract Manager has overall accountability for leading a team in providing high quality service for customers based out of the Facility. The Contract Manager is a prominent player within the Management team supporting the team strategy of a high retention rate. The Contract Manager must ensure that the customer's operational and strategic aspects are proactively identified and serviced. The role must act as a customer advocate while seeking service improvements, cost avoidance and savings. The ideal candidate must be driven and want progression throughout
In addition, together with the Regional/Site Management team, this role must seek to develop and Increase revenues and profitability through providing enhanced value add service.
- Continuously develop their personal knowledge of supply chain/operational processes, financial objectives and general business acumen to benefit their client and their own personal career development. Review and maintain procedures and processes that guide operational/administration team/s in support of the customer's logistical needs, helping to establish new procedures if necessary.
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, development and discipline of all personnel associated with your allocated accounts, maintaining appropriate liaison with the Company's HR department. Ensuring that all employees within your responsibility area work to the required standards of the Company and are assessed through regular performance reviews. Monitoring, on an ongoing basis, the performance of all direct reports, and undertake regular reviews in accordance with the Company's procedures. In addition to ensure that the employee engagement concept (known as the People Plan/appraisal system) is embedded and practiced within the site.
- Promoting the good name of the business (and its associated companies within the Group) by adopting a professional approach at all times. Ensuring that there is regular communication through team briefings.
- Drive service improvement by promoting, supporting and implementing the site continuous improvement program/s
- Maintaining effective liaison with the Company's Business development and Global Account Management Teams(if you customer is a nominated Global Account) team to ensure the maximum recruitment of new customers and the development of the existing customer base in line with the Company's strategic objectives and targets.
- Develop and continuously maintain business plans to identify account objectives, vision, KPI's, measures for success whilst identifying resources to reach and exceed these objectives.
- The contract manager will also be expected to act up for management to cover leave and absence.
- Understand and comply with all relevant Company rules, agreements, policies, procedures and with all relevant legislative requirements and codes of practice.
- Ensure Company business is treated in the strictest confidence and not disclosed to persons outside the Company.
- Act in a professional manner, ensure good working relationships are maintained and promote a good image of the Company at all times
- Maintain and comply with all Health, Safety and Environmental standards, to be aware of the Occupational Health & Safety Management System, OHSAS18001 and to appreciate the responsibility you have to adhere to the respective procedures.
- Be aware that the Company operates a Quality Assurance system ISO 9001:2008 and adhere to the respective procedures.
- Ensure a good standard of housekeeping through observance of relevant Company policies and ensure that work areas are secure and locked when unoccupied.
- Where appropriate challenge and determine reasons for presence on site of any unauthorised person.
- Attend any development training as required in compliance with the Company's commitment to the Investors in People standard.
- Senior management experience
- Previous facilities management
- Customer finance operations
- Health and Safety qualification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of Warehouse processes and procedures
- Excellent people management skills
- Experience of Warehouse Management Systems
- Passionate about delivering great customer service
- Hard working and conscientious
- Can lead a team and work within a team
- Proven management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development
- Highly developed inter-personal and communication skills coupled with the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels within the business
- Ability to build, lead and motivate a skilled team able to meet objectives and agreed targets
- Good IT skills, in particular spreadsheets and databases and a knowledge of warehouse systems
- Analytical and numerical
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent attention to detail skills
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk