As a Data Analyst, you will execute data testing, support the scoping of business process and data flow rules, execute data profiling and provide measures and feedback on data quality. You will be working on a range of data from BAE Systems this could include HR or Financial Data or working specifically with a Business Unit and their systems to help solve their data quality problems.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to play an integral role in enabling us to provide enterprise wide insights that are both operational and strategic and impact across all levels of the business. You will also have the opportunity to grown and develop your own skills within an and ever- expanding team and hub.
Your main responsibilities as a Data Analyst will involve:
- Completion of data quality monitoring activities and working with teams to develop improvement strategies and providing support in implementing improvements
- Developing and utilising dashboards, reports, infographics, presentations and/or conducting 1:1 and group interactions to share information.
- Processing and utilizing data to analyse, monitor and report performance at all levels of the organization from multiple databases and information sources.
- Helping implement best Data Quality (DQ) practices, and apply data standards
- Leveraging analytic approaches, including the use of SQL, automation and other programming languages to drive testing
- Using data and relevant information to make recommendations for improvements
- Supporting senior analyst in collaborating with product owners/businesses to define and to write data test requirements, strategies, and design
- Maintaining an awareness of applicable practice, company standards and contract/regulatory requirements.
Your skills and qualifications:
- Ability to summarise data insights and work with senior team members to structure key findings to communicate to key stakeholders
- Data Visualisation, Data Preparation, Report Building Skills and Knowledge of Databases
- Experience of any of the following technical skills and tool sets: Tableau, Tableau Prep, Alteryx, SSRS, SSIS, SQL & Success Factors
What we're looking for in you:
You will have great organisation skills with the ability to manage your own workload across multiple tasks. The ability to work effectively both autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team will help you to self-start in this role. You will also be proactive in solving problems with great communication skills, the ability to influence others with great stakeholder management skills.