Data Architect -Inside IR35
Based in Swindon (working from home until further notice) a Data Architect is required on a contract basis to work on Support & Revenue Platform Programme.
You will Work across the Support & Revenue Platform Programme to define and implement Programme data architecture. Working closely with Programme Manager, Data SME, Senior IT Supplier, Systems Integration Lead, Enterprise Architect, Solution Architects and Head of Data (business strategic lead).
- Defines principles and requirements for data architecture and ensure that all solutions adhere to them
- Defines data platform capabilities and features that align to current and future business operating models and maturity
- Owns enterprise data map including logical model, data lineage & transmission detail
- Promotes a cohesive business wide view of data assets
- Influences the current business operating model and design for future data governance, data engineering and BI
- Designs blueprints to realize data related aspects of the business strategy including architecture capabilities and high-level solution architectures for current and proposed business services and lead proof of concepts
- Provides technical leadership in transforming requirements to solutions and technical designs, while working as a key member of cross functional product team(s)
- Provides advice and support in performance tuning, troubleshooting, cost optimization and other implementation and operational challenges
- Quality reviews solution providers' high- and low-level solution designs ensuring they align to the data architecture and policies
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum of 8 years working as a data architect or data solutions architect
- Solid data modelling skills covering conceptual, logical and physical models for relational and non-relational data stores and different types of data models
- Technical and operational design of MDM, Data Quality and Data Governance processes and solutions
- Ability to realise different business capabilities in the data platform including self-service reporting, ad-hoc user created data mash-ups, data science lifecycle and machine learning while defining the operating models and governance policies and processes that are required to for each scenario
- Experience architecting cloud native solutions
- Good understanding of the entire development life cycle from analysis of requirements to testing and project management
- Experience of Salesforce data models, SnowFlake
- Modelling & architecture tools such as Sparx EA, ErWin
- Exposure to statistical platforms such as R, SAS, Python and the data science lifecycle
If you would like to be considered for this position, please click 'Apply' and Outsource UK will be in touch.