Data Privacy Consultant- 6 month contract- up to £570 per day
Newcastle based, currently working from home due to pandemic
Outsource UK's leading financial client are looking to hire a Data Privacy consultant to provide subject matter consultancy and support to a wide ranging and high profile business led programme of work.
Reporting into a 1st Line of Defence data governance function, you will work with key contacts across the program to ensure privacy by design is achieved. Key duties include:
- Support project managers with the completion of Privacy Impact Assessments in line with company processes to ensure programme solutions are delivered in line with relevant standards and regulation with appropriate risks identified and treated / accepted.
- Attend regular project meetings to provide data privacy input and steer.
- Identify any gaps in the program that are not being adequately assessed for privacy risk and work with relevant program resource to bring them into scope.
- Perform data privacy due diligence of third party data processors that are on-boarded as part of the program.
- Support the Legal team in ensuring appropriate data privacy provisions are included within the contract with any new third party data processors.
- Provide regular updates to key stakeholders that can be understood both by subject matter experts and business leaders.
- Support the business in updating the Record of Processing where applicable following any significant business change.
The role will be supporting a wide ranging program that will require skills across all aspects of data privacy.
- Detailed working knowledge of the GDPR and data protection principles
- Experience working in an agile project environment
- Pragmatic approach to helping the business with data privacy solutions
- Ability to translate technical regulatory information into tangible business requirements
- Excellent communication and relationship management
- Experience in Financial Services preferable
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of how GDPR relates to individuals in Small to Medium Businesses
If you'd like to discuss the role in more detail you can contact our recruitment partner Outsource UK for more information. Contact Liam Fahey on 0161 694 9207 or email LFahey@outsource-uk.co.uk