Outsource UK are currently working with a leading Machinery Company who are seeking a Development Engineer for a 12 month contract based in Peterborough.
Candidates are required to work through PAYE or Umbrella.
- Working closely with key strategic suppliers to develop design solutions that meets the requirements and customer requirements using CAD 3D tool.
- Regular use of team center to collate information and implement plans and processes.
- Managing virtual design review audits and product realisation review to get product into production.
- Will work with performance development and mechanical areas, making sure hardware is performing as intended and durable.
- Closely with design architects and requirements management to make sure customer requirements are incorporated into design.
- Maintain supplier relationship.
- Managing Design progression
- Strong technical background (technical degree preferred in mechanical, electronic, electrical, or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
- Good understanding of Manufacturing principles & processes
- Design experience of mechanical components and systems 3D CAD (Pro-Engineer CREO)
- Good understanding of engine / mechanical component design
- Self-motivation and an ability to manage and deliver tasks to meet established commitments.
- Excellent communications skills & Teamwork
- To collaborate & manage interactions on behalf of Caterpillar with external suppliers to develop a design solution.
If you would like to be considered for this position please click 'Apply' and Outsource UK will be in touch.