Design Engineer - Diesel Engines (CREO)
A Design Engineer with Diesel Engines and Creo design experience is required to work on a 12-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our manufacturing client based in Peterborough.
This is a twelve-month contract with a leading UK manufacturing company.
Overview of the Design Engineer - Diesel Engines (CREO) role
- Design and packaging of air systems, fuel systems, FEAD, core, after treatment and other engine systems, working with the component teams to ensure performance and durability requirements are met
- Working directly with the engine architect to agree concepts which satisfy the engine configuration needs of machine group customers
- Working with suppliers to develop hardware and mounting solutions
- Conducting FMEA on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs.
- Working with the validation team to plan and execute validation tests.
- Conducting component and system design reviews to obtain 'buy-in' from the business to selected components, designs and suppliers.
- Keeping peers, team leader and management up to date with progress against planned activities.
- Development of drawings and other information to support the release of parts onto BOMs and engine lists in preparation for volume production.
- Support field and production issue, diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions. Work with suppliers and keep stakeholder informed of progress and decisions
Key skills required for the Design Engineer - Diesel Engines (CREO)
- Strong technical background (technical degree preferred in mechanical, electronic, electrical, or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
- Good understanding of Manufacturing principles & processes
- Design experience of engine components and systems 3D CAD (Pro-Engineer CREO)
- Good understanding of engine design and Knowledge of engine systems
- Design experience gained in the off-highway sector
- Knowledge and usage of Team Centre - data management software
- Experience of running and participating in FMEA
If you are a Design Engineer with Diesel Engines and Creo design experience looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.