Design Engineer - Structural Assessments - Hand Calculations
Based in Portsmouth a Design Engineer is required on a 12 month contract basis to work for a major defence client.
This is an great opportunity to join a leading edge and exciting programme of work which does offer an excellent working environment.
- Operate within the functionality of the appropriate tools and techniques as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Carries out structural assessments using classical Hand Calcs and Finite Element Analysis following appropriate professional and technical standards.
- Produce and develop designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out detail design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained, taking due cognisance of Designing for Production.
- Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments, develop, and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a team.
- Support the development of best practice to increase the capability, performance of tools and processes
- To identify personal training requirements, skills gaps and development requirements in own discipline.
- Keep up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services (seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge to continuously improve practices), and supply technical support and expertise to others as required.
- Conduct ship trials and surveys.
- Degree qualified essential within a relevant engineering discipline
- Structural analysis, both theoretical and using FEA (preferably ANSYS Workbench) and hand calculations
- Engineering material selection and use, particularly according to British Standards/ Euronorms/ Classification Society standards and Defence Standards
- Requires detailed and comprehensive understanding of design concepts and principles relating to the relevant engineering discipline (mechanical, electrical or structural). Has significant experience and able to apply knowledge to a wide range of design issues.
- Has a depth of understanding within own discipline and is able to discuss and understand context and implication of technical issues across a limited number of other engineering disciplines pertinent to Ship Engineering.
- Ideally Experienced in Maritime
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything