Design Engineers - Foran - Mechanical, Electrical, Structural
Based in Portsmouth multiple Design Engineer are required on a 12 month contract basis for a major defence client.
This is an great opportunity to join a leading edge and exciting programme of work which does offer an excellent working environment.
- Operate within the functionality of the appropriate tools and techniques.
- Produce and develop designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards
- Carry out detail design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained, taking due cognisance of Designing for Production.
- Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments, develop, and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a team.
- Support the development of best practice to increase the capability, performance of tools and processes
- To identify personal training requirements, skills gaps and development requirements in own discipline.
- Keep up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services, and supply technical support and expertise to others as required.
- Conduct ship trials and surveys.
- An experienced Designer Engineer with a background in Shipbuilding.
- You will need to have strong communication and good collaboration skills.
- Show knowledge in the following areas: mechanical, electrical or structural.
- Experience using Foran
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything