Design/Development Engineer - CREO
A Design/Development Engineer with CREO is required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Engineering client based in Leicester.
Overview of the Design/Development Engineer contract role
Job Role: We have an open vacancy for an agency worker to join us in a Design/Development Engineer role supporting current product, as part of the global technical team responsible for construction machine design and development within the Building Construction Products Division in Leicester, UK.
As an engineer on the Engine System Team the successful candidate will lead the resolution of critical customer issues and new designs as part of continuous improvement on the engine installation on small construction equipment. The engineer will work as a member of a cross functional team that includes other Engine System Team members, various other system, machine group and supplier engineers, manufacturing, purchasing and supply chain personnel.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead investigations into production and/or field issues to determine root causes and develop engineering solutions to resolve issues.
- Review warranty and failure data to identify emerging issues in field populations
- Determine possible root causes of issues and support with warranty information and engineering knowledge.
- Develop engineering solutions which will include design changes, manufacturing support and/or field support.
- Plan and support the execution of validation of designs both in controlled settings and possibly with customer applications.
- Prepare and present design reviews of proposed solutions
- Collaborate with supply chain engineering and manufacturing to bring solutions to market in timely and cost-efficient fashion.
- Collaborate with engine supplier to track, resolve and communicate issues to the product groups
- Management of engineering changes through life cycle management.
- Working with a global team that requires virtual collaboration.
- Working with design resources and suppliers to rapidly implement design changes.
You will demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and determination to resolve issues while maintaining high quality standards in both design and component detailing, ensuring designs are validated to meet functional and technical requirements. The ability to work in a hands-on environment for issue resolution and design development is strongly desired. You will need to have strong communication and collaboration skills to enable cross functional development with the likes of Manufacturing Engineering, Supplier Development Engineers and component suppliers.
Desired Competencies / experience / qualifications
- Creativity in generation of solutions
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of design for manufacturing / design for assembly philosophies
- Working knowledge of solid modelling (ideally CREO and Teamcenter)
- General understanding of engines and engine installation, ideally in construction equipment.
- Engineering Degree Qualification or HND with experience
The role is based in Leicester.
If you are a Design/Development Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Paul Scott on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9198
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything