Development Engineer - Engine Performance/Emission Calculations
A Development Engineer with Engines Performance and Emission Calculations experience is required to work on a 12-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our manufacturing client based in Stafford.
This is a twelve-month contract with a leading UK manufacturing company.
Overview of the Development Engineer - Engines role
The successful applicant will be responsible for planning and delivering engineering activity as part of the 4000 Series diesel product development activity. This role involves, engine performance calibration, analysing data and trends, root cause corrective action and validation of corrective actions.
- Diesel Engine Performance and Emissions calibration
- Mechanical verification and validation of engine components and systems
- Defining and managing component validation plans
- Coordination of day-to-day engineering activity and management of test and analysis activity
- Failure analysis and defect resolution using industry-standard methods
- Technical reporting
- Conducting all work to Perkins operating procedures and local work methods in order to meet compliance with quality standards.
- Support to the design function is required through FMEA attendance.
Key skills required for the Development Engineer - Engines
- Engineering Degree or other equivalent qualification/experience
- Experienced in engine Performance and Emissions calibration
- Knowledge of emissions measurement techniques, worldwide emission regulations and emissions measurement hardware.
- Knowledge of turbocharger matching, fuel system optimisation and control system development.
If you are a Development Engineer with Engines Performance and Emission Calculations experience looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).