Electrical Assembly Technician - Wiring - IPC x 3
Electrical Assembly Technician x 3 with experience of PCB Wiring to IPC/ANSIJ standards is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension
This is a contract within our Naval Defence Client.
Overview of the Electrical Assembly Technician contract roles
Manufacture, repair or modify complex Radar, Avionics and Underwater military product.
Skills to exceed industry standards such as IPC and ANSIJ
Needs to understand in detail and at all times comply with external LRQA standards such as AS9100 and ISO9001.
Requires flexibility to move between product range/contract.
The role holder will:
- Assemble/process product in accordance with defined work instructions/detailed technical drawings.
- Repair/modify current and legacy products.
- Be able to work to limited data utilising experience.
- Use business systems to record product history/compliance.
- Support and assist in the training of personnel.
- Work unsupervised.
Key skills required for the Electrical Assembly Technician contract roles
- Have a detailed understanding of an assembly discipline such as wiring, fitting, PCB assembly, Microelectronics processing or similar.
- Be able to perform complex assembly/disassembly or modification tasks on electronic or mechanical components, subassemblies and systems - encompassing new build, repairs products or prototype products.
- Have an extensive range of product experience and broad/deep expertise in discipline.
- Provide technical support to Engineers working in design/development environment.
- Experience/knowledge is fully transferrable within the P&TS product base
- Understand and comply with all relevant Business Management System (BMS) procedures.
- Understand and comply with business SHE policies.
- Be formally qualified in appropriate Workmanship Standard e.g. ANSI J, IPC or similar.
- Adhere to Lean Principles and be able to identify and initiate Continuous Improvement opportunities.
The role is based in Portsmouth, Hampshire - commutable from Southampton, Cowes, Isle of Wight, Salisbury, Winchester, Andover, Basingstoke, Guildford, Aldershot, Crawley, Horsham, Brighton, Worthing, Chichester
If you are an Electrical Assembly Technician looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Electrical opportunities please contact Paul Scott on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9198
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything