Electrical Design/Development Engineer - Design, DFMEA, FEA
An Electrical Design/Development Engineer with Design, DFMEA and FEA knowledge is required to work on a twelve month contract (WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION) for our Engineering client based in Clevedon, Somerset.
Overview of the Electrical Design/Development Engineer contract role
Working for a leading developer and manufacturer of sophisticated vacuum products, exhaust management systems and related value-added services. This is integral to manufacturing processes for semiconductors, flat panel displays, LEDs and solar cells.
- To design and develop modules/sub-assemblies of new products in accordance with Edwards' Product Commercialisation Process (PCP) ensuring that the required reliability, quality and cost targets are met
- To meet the Master Specification targets and ensure conformance to the relevant international, national and industry safety standards
- To verify that the designs meet the Master Specification and conform to the relevant design standards by calculation and/or testing as appropriate
- Accountable for the design and development of sub-assemblies of a product ensuring the specified quality and cost are achieved to the agreed project time scale
- Responsible for the detailed documentation of the design (models, drawings, design data, BOM, test data) ensuring all relevant information is recorded in a timely manner and placed in the Technical Construction File (TCF), project folder, or uploaded to the project SharePoint site
- To coordinate the design and development tasks on larger projects in assistance to the Lead Engineer and Project Manager
- To lead HAZOP, DFMEA studies and risk analysis techniques according to best practice ensuring that resulting actions are included in a verification test plan, factory acceptance test or final test and commissioning document
- To participate in the direction and development more junior Engineers and Designers
- To carry out/participate in and record risk assessments as required in the execution of a project
- To support the introduction of new products onto the factory flow line and where necessary on customers' sites
- To ensure engineering changes are concluded in accordance with the planned schedule
- Type testing and compliance testing of designs, including design of experiment
- Perform engineering calculations and undertake medium to complex FEAs in support of the design
- Design Engineering - to design and develop all mechanical aspects of a product range
- Data Analysis - to analyse experimental data, summarise and document conclusions in report format
- Design Reviews - to conduct high quality design reviews (specification, concept, model and critical)
- Sample Approval - to support sample approval of new parts and assemblies
- Problem Solving - to solve problems both in-house and on customers' site and resolve with practical solutions - use of a range of problem-solving techniques, e.g., 8D, Ishikawa etc.
- To generate innovative ideas and contribute to new processes and new product concepts
- To work closely with Service, Marketing and other business functions
Key skills required for the Electrical Design/Development Engineer
- A good Electrically biased engineering degree (or other engineering qualification depending on experience)
- At least 5 years' post degree experience of working on whole system design and development.
- Ability to form and lead teams, coordinating actions to specific goals
- Used to working in a multidisciplinary environment
- A high level of 3D and 2D CAD skills (CATIA, Visio, AutoCAD and/or other drafting tools)
- FEA and CFD skills would be an advantage
- An understanding of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and system schematics
The role is based in Clevedon, Somerset.
If you are an Electrical Design Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Paul Scott on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).