Role: Electrical Designer
Salary/rate: circa £45k plus excellent benefits
Outsource UK's leading Engineering manufacturer client is looking for Lead Engineer (Engineering & NPI).
A great time to be joining….this is a company who recruited over 30 additional recruits at this site last year and are looking to increase head count by a further 50 personnel in 2022, due to increased demand for their products and services.
They have over 4,000 employees worldwide engaged in the design, manufacture and support of high technology vacuum and exhaust management equipment, with state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Europe, Asia and North America.
The Electrical Engineer will require the following technical competencies:-
- Ability to design complex electrical detail to relevant standards using 2D CAD tools, typically Autocad Electrical and/or Visio.
- Experience with 3 phase busbars and power components typically in the 200 to 480V range to around 600A.
- Sound understanding of PLC Control Systems, network communication and low volt control circuits.
- Able to present clear electrical system specifications.
- Use of engineering calculations to verify new designs or update current products.
- Creation of documentation including schematics, one-line drawings and bills of materials.
- Selection and specification of electrical components, cabling and sub-assemblies.
- Experience of 3D (Catia V5 or V6 would be an advantage) to add electrical visualisation and space claim in complex 3D assemblies.
- An understanding of designing in support of compliance approval - Knowledge of CE, EN, UL, NFPA will be advantageous.
- Prepare presentations typically using Microsoft Office Apps to ensure team and customer understanding and alignment.
- Experience of FMEA, HAZOP, DFMEA and other design and risk analysis techniques.
- An understanding of Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&ID)
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience demonstrating Industrial electrical systems and subsystems expertise.
- Good teamwork, customer/peer interaction and communication skills.
- Should be highly motivated.
- Able to work to tight deadlines, have a sense of responsibility, ownership. An innovative and imaginative thinker, obvious enthusiasm for engineering and an ability to get things done are key requirements for this role.
- Problem Solving - ability to solve and diagnose problems both in-house and on customers' site and resolve with practical solutions - use of a range of problem-solving techniques, root cause analysis etc.
- An ability to analyse and present data and statistically assess the results.
- Used to working, in a multidisciplinary environment where rapid change is the norm rather than the exception.
- Delivering innovation.
- Attention to detail, "right from me" and right first-time approach
For full details please contact Paul Ellis at Outsource UK on 0161 694 9203 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything