Principal Electrical Engineer - Electrical Integration Test Facility (EITF)
Can support full remote working during covid.
Based in Glasgow a Principal Electrical Engineer is required on a 6 month contract basis with the possibility of extension for our Defence client.
This is an great opportunity to join a leading edge and exciting programme of work which does offer an excellent working environment.
The the role of the Principal Electrical Engineer is responsible for overseeing the identification and resolution of issues originating from the EITF. The role will also be involved in undertaking electrical power system studies and developing further design improvements.
Working across the disciplines of electrical distribution, power & propulsion, and systems integration, the role holder will be responsible for providing electrical engineering input to electrical test reports focused on electrical quality of power supply and equipment behavior.
The role holder will develop a detailed functional understanding of the equipment within the power and propulsion system, and will leverage this as part of developing analysis reports. The role also involves investigating functional integration issues and challenging aspects of the existing system design.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of marine electrical power systems.
- Expertise and experience of electrical power systems analysis.
- Experience and knowledge of Marine Systems
- Able to gather, filter and process information that will be used to perform testing; discussing with and eliciting information from SMEs/Stakeholders/Suppliers.
- Experience in electrical engineering or a defence related industry.
- Understanding of the verification and validation phases of the lifecycle.
- Good people management skills and experienced in a multi- disciplined engineering environment.
- Ability to develop effective partnerships with a variety of stakeholders.
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).