Electrical Engineer - Power Generation and Building Systems
An Electrical Engineer is required to work on a 8 month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Portsmouth.
Engineering Role Purpose
- Delivery of Engineering design solutions for PNB infrastructure, including Systems Engineering, Historic Building Status, Buildings and environment.
- Applies a breadth and depth of design knowledge related to systems and processes to solve design problems using well proven analytical techniques. Diagnoses and resolves complex specialist operational, repair, installation and commissioning problems and issues to support the Electrical Design Authority and Principle Project Engineering Manager.
- Subject Matter Expert on building systems and infrastructure power distribution projects and leads on the Design Review of new infrastructure and equipment.
- Advises, influences and provides Technical advice to Project teams.
- A degree qualified or time served professionally qualified Engineer with experience on industrial plant, Electrical, Power Generation and Control, distribution switchgear and building safety systems within a naval base infrastructure, marine, offshore, oil and gas environment.
- Has extensive practical experience and has been successful in managing the design and engineering in support of pre-construction, installation, commissioning and operations.
- Has been responsible for design and engineering management, interfacing with stakeholders such as design authority, operators and regulators throughout a gated project lifecycle.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities and has undertaken peer review of engineering design and technical submissions as well as authoring documentation in support of design development, functional control, safety requirements or technical specifications.
- Electrical Distribution, Control, Systems and Instrumentation has formed the focus of their professional career involving the complete lifecycle from design requirements, including front end studies, conceptual, feasibility, optioneering and detailed design stage through to commissioning.
- From a background of hands on installation or commissioning through to project delivery activities they have the ability to provide the necessary skills to deliver strong technical management of a safety led design and delivery processes.
The role is based in Portsmouth, Hampshire - commutable from Southampton, Cowes, Isle of Wight, Salisbury, Winchester, Andover, Basingstoke, Guildford, Aldershot, Crawley, Horsham, Brighton, Worthing, Chichester
If you are a Electricla Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Defence opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.