Electrical Systems Engineer
An Electrical Systems Engineer is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Portsmouth.
Overview of the Electrical Systems Engineer contract role
This role provides governance and oversight of engineering decisions that affect T45 Power & Propulsion Systems.
The T45 WTA Electrical Systems Engineer will undertake a defined range of engineering activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, supplying advice and support to the Engineering team and other functions, and/or to organise and co-ordinate aspects of engineering activity ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements.
He/she will be responsible for providing electrical systems engineering capability across a broad set of challenges to meet the needs of T45 internal projects and the customer programmes.
- Support to the T45 P&P Systems DTA and electrical team performing additional tasking as directed.
- Provide evidence that the wholeship design intent is maintained for P&P Systems and transversals.
- Compile the authoritative evidence to demonstrate that design intent has been achieved and ensure that the design change has been holistically integrated.
- Support the T45 P&P Systems DTA to ensure that the T45 Safety Case has integrity, is comprehensive, coherent and consistent.
- Collate evidence to support the management of P&P system margins and ensure transverse engineering impact is recorded and agreed with the WAA.
- Ensure that appropriate Engineering governance is maintained.
- Provide oversight of the production of design change guidance.
- Ensure the embodiment of design change is in accordance with the approved guidance and management of design query resolution.
- Collate evidence for Naval Authority Certification submissions.
- Identify and propose opportunities for improvement of Platform design.
- Respond to technical enquiries.
- Support the verification of engineering requirements.
- Monitor the material state for divergence from the design intent.
- Complete Installation Inspections as required.
- Assist with Technical Investigations as required to identify RCA.
The role is based in Portsmouth, Hampshire - commutable from Southampton, Cowes, Isle of Wight, Salisbury, Winchester, Andover, Basingstoke, Guildford, Aldershot, Crawley, Horsham, Brighton, Worthing, Chichester
If you are a Electricla Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Defence opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk