Emissions Measurement Technician
An Emissions Measurement Technician with Test, Calibration and Maintenance experience is required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Engineering client based in Peterborough.
Overview of the Emissions Measurement Technician contract role
This role will support the Emissions Measurement Services in our client' dedicated state of the art Europe Research & Development Centre.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Section Manager, this vacancy is an installation, servicing, calibration and repair position which will contribute to the successful implementation and maintenance of engine emissions measurement equipment.
The role will assist engineers in conducting technical investigations of current and future emissions measurement technologies and processes both in laboratory and field environments. Operating in a fast paced and professional technical environment, this role will provide an interesting variety of responsibilities and activities, with the opportunity to work both as part of a wider team and independently utilising initiative.
Practical, hands-on responsibility for evaluating and deploying measurement equipment Operating measurement equipment and conducting diagnostic investigations Equipment evaluation and collation/distribution of findings Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) and calibration of emissions measurement equipment Modifications to facility plant/test rigs and equipment Evaluating new products and processes in the emissions measurement discipline
Provide first line breakdown cover which will include shift work (including some weekends)
Skills & Experience Required:
- Either qualified through a technical apprenticeship with electro-mechanical bias or equivalent extensive industry experience The capacity for continuous learning and sharing knowledge with peers Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks
- The ability to follow written work instructions and document progress
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and schematics
- Previous experience of onsite PEMS testing
- Previous experience and theoretical knowledge of gaseous measurement systems (AVL/Horiba) to include calibration/maintenance/fault finding.
- Previous experience of Particulate Mass and Particle Number instruments
- Experience of working in an engine test cell environment
- Understanding of Root Cause Analysis techniques and permanent corrective actions.
The role is based in Peterborough.
If you are looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything