The 1200 Series Platform Development team are responsible for creating and managing robust engine calibration plans that deliver high quality data. The team applies deep technical knowledge to data analysis, review and sign off, converting data into decisions, this ensures our product recipe is of the highest quality and delivered on time. This is a highly visible team that works directly with all areas of engineering and will, at times report directly into our product groups.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
As a Performance engineer, you will report to the 1200 Series Platform Development Manager. You will have responsibility for conducting testing, development and sign off for the 4.4L and 7.1L engine programmes under the direct responsibility of the 1200 series team. You will be accountable for process excellence, maintaining engineering best practices and documentation.
You will work closely with the Performance and Systems Integration (PSI) engineering teams to define & deliver robust methods in achieving the Product Objectives and Technical Objectives (PO's/TO's) within the IPSD-M 1200 series product range. You will also work closely with the GED Test operations team to ensure quality data is achieved.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Conduct and/or direct engine tests, calibration and performance development to support technical requirements
- Conduct and/or direct tests (including Design of Experiments), checking data quality, test result integrity and repeatability.
- Write requirements, procedures, and reports and formally present on test outcomes.
- Plan, manage and deliver tests to tight time scales and to right quality.
- Collaborate with global team to drive alignment and best practices
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering curriculum
- Excellent interpersonal skills (coaching, communication, teamwork)
- Excellent problem solver
- Self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Self-confidence and a 'passion for the product'
- Experience in combustion, performance, and fuel economy development of diesel engines.
- Experienced in the use of testbed software, calibration tools, emissions measuring equipment and test data logging systems.
- Hands on engine testing and problem-solving experience.
- Experience in virtual or simulation-based calibration
- Project Management methods and processes
Please feel free to get in touch with Jack Parratt if you are interested in this role - 0161 694 9210 / JParratt@outsource-uk.co.uk