Mechanical Engineering Manager
A Mechanical Engineering Manager is required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Cumbria.
Overview of the Mechanical Engineering Manager contract role
The Mechanical Engineering Manager will be responsible for the Design Co-ordination / Review / Management of a large-scale engineering project for one of our significant facility / infrastructure projects (located on a Nuclear licensed site) as part of the Barrow Site redevelopment
- Degree qualified
- Must be a Chartered Engineer recognised by the Engineering Council.
- Circa 20 years' experience in the design, design management and construction of major construction facilities and infrastructure. Within the defence industry advantageous.
- Experience in Nuclear projects or in steam generation plants
- Management and integration of multi-disciplined engineering teams; leadership of engineering resources, delivery of packages of work/services, involving new products and/or complex upgrades, utilising new and existing technologies, requiring multiple interfaces with customers/suppliers.
- Delivery of projects to meet customer and contractual obligations for cost, quality, timeliness and specification, resolution of engineering conflicts between disciplines, systems and capabilities.
- Integration and solution development to meet a coherent and prioritised set of demands, tailor and apply engineering processes, tools and approaches to develop innovative and creative solutions to contracts and specifications.
- Requires detailed and comprehensive understanding of a number of engineering disciplines. Is not the 'expert', but is able to discuss and understand context and implications of technical issues across a number of engineering disciplines.
- Requires depth of understanding of how sub function engineering is organised and structured, how different engineering disciplines are integrated. Requires good understanding of customer and customer requirements plus an awareness of industry approaches and standards.
The role is based in Barrow in Furness, Cumbria - commutable from Carnforth, Milnthorpe, Lancaster, Morecambe, Penrith, Workington, Whitehaven and The Lake District
If you are an Engineering Manager looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Defence opportunities please contact Kris Foston on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website.
Outsource - taking care of everything