Engineering Manager (Infrastructure / Hardware)
An Engineering Manager with Infrastructure or Hardware experience is required to work on a six-month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Portsmouth.
Overview of the Engineering Manager (Infrastructure / Hardware) roles
This responsibility includes the fitting the COTS storage and compute equipment, racks and any electrical and mechanical infrastructure which allows the NDD system to interface with the ship
The role is for Infrastructure related SQEP: (Hardware, Power supplies, UPS, Servers, Racks, Mounting arrangements etc.). o Ideally the candidate will have an appreciation of networking and electrical systems also, but the role is mainly about the infrastructure so, the hardware aspects.
- During project delivery, resolve production queries as quickly as practicable within safety / design intent. The role will include the need to carry out engineering calculations, investigate and resolve engineering and maintenance support issues, and to support Ops, COMs and Project Management functions in the delivery of ship projects or programmes. Make engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority (within Design Intent).
- During project planning, review all work in conjunction with ship's staff, COM and Ops to ensure that it contains sufficient engineering content, appropriate levels of acceptance and assurance and that product safety / quality considerations have been incorporated into the Project Haz ID / Quality Scope.
- Responsible for driving technology / process focussed improvements into the business and seeking out opportunities for future development of the business.
- To maintain engineering oversight, providing engineering governance, assurance and facilitating project(s) to ensure overall quality and integrity of production work in addition to formal quality related events.
Key skills required for the Engineering Manager (Infrastructure / Hardware)
- Extensive experience of repair, maintenance and integration of ships, their systems and equipment.
- Knowledge of design support activities with ability to conduct engineering calculations in support of tasking requirements.
- Minimum of five years' experience in an Engineering position managing complex marine engineering projects with specific experience in leading complex system integration.
- A broad knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, Constructive, and Combat Systems.
- Experience of the development of naval ships, and the procurement of marine systems, equipment and materials.
If you are an Engineering Manager with Infrastructure or Hardware experience looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9196
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything